What is Arm Lift Procedure?
Arm lift procedure or Brachioplasty refers to the cosmetic surgery procedure which works on eliminating pockets of excess fat which develops in the arms. The procedure also helps reshape and tone the upper arm while tightening the underlying tissue structure to improve the look of the arm. Wearing sleeveless outfits will no longer be an awkward proposition.
Who Can opt for an Arm Lift Procedure?
Are you a male or female battling with any of the following arm-related issues?
- Loose skin under the armpit.
- Fatty upper arms.
- Sagging skin on the arm.
If yes, then the arm lift procedure can help address your woes by doing the following –
- Remove the extra skin and fat which is present in the arms.
- Give it a toned and more youthful appearance.
- Tighten the skin for a better aesthetic appeal.
It is important to understand that this procedure will not change the look of your arm or make your arms unnaturally thin or define the shape of your biceps. Understanding the procedure will ensure that you have realistic expectations of the outcome.
Arm Lift – The Procedure
Consult a gold medalist surgeon to minimize any risks and complications associated with the arm lift procedure.
The procedure is divided into two parts –
- Removing the fat – this involves making incisions on the underside of your arms up till the elbow and removing any excess fat through liposuction. The placement of incision and amount of fat to be removed is predetermined during the planning stage to ensure minimal visible scarring. Dr Priya Bansal uses state of the art technology for minimally invasive liposuction.
- Removing the Skin – Excess hanging skin is excised and incision is then closed in layers. Stitches are used to close the layers.
The procedure is approximately 3 to 4 hours in duration and is performed under general anaesthesia. .
Schedule a Consultation
This is an outpatient, day care procedure the results of which are visible in 4-6 months.
- Temporary swelling, bruising, tightness, or mild tingling may be observed initially. You will need to wear a compression garment for 4-6 weeks to minimize this swelling.
- Normal activities may be resumed from the next day, while cardio should be resumed after a week and weight training not before six weeks. Please resume your workout after consulting the surgeon.
Please follow all precautions advised by the surgeon for complete, safe, and speedy recovery. Meet Dr Priya Bansal, a Gold Medalist Female Plastic surgeon, to learn more about the procedure and its benefits. With years of experience behind her, Dr Bansal believes in high level surgical care and meeting the patient’s needs.