Dimple Creation

What is Dimple Creation?

Dimples – naturally occurring facial feature in 20% of the population, with the remaining 80% desperately wanting them. But did you know that naturally they are a defect in the muscle called Zygomaticus Major? They occur when skin gets wedged into the defect created by the contraction of the bifid muscle. Dimpleplasty is the procedure which helps cosmetic surgeons create dimples as well as remove them for those who do not want them.

Dimple Creation Surgery Procedure in Gurgaon

Who Can opt for Dimple Creation Procedure?

If you want dimples on your cheeks, and cheeks alone, then you can opt for a dimple creation surgery. The benefits of dimple creation procedure are many –

  • Location of the dimple on the cheeks – your choice.
  • If you want, you can get dimples on both cheeks for a symmetrical facial profile.
  • If you do not want them, this procedure can help remove existing dimples.
  • No unnatural scarring will be visible.

However, remember to keep your expectations realistic when opting for this procedure. What it cannot do –

  • Give you a new face altogether.
  • Create dimples anywhere other than the cheeks.

Dimple Creation – The Procedure

Dimple Creation Surgery Procedure in GurgaonConsult a board-certified surgeon to discuss your requirement and chalk out the treatment plan.

The procedure is straightforward and scarless! To ensure that there is no scarring on the face, the surgeon makes the incision inside the cheek. This also leads to a more natural outcome. After the incision, a suture is passed through depending upon the location and depth of the dimple.

The sutures are also dissolvable, so there is no follow up consultation for removing sutures.

There are three kinds of dimples you can opt for –

  • Long Dimples – for a cute and soft, yet mature and sexy look
  • Indian Dimples – for an innocent yet naughty look
  • Mouth Corner Dimples – for a cute and prim, yet precocious or soft look

If you need a dimple removed, the skin is surgically separated from the underlying muscle. A resulting depression in the skin can be corrected with the help of fillers.

Schedule a Consultation

    Recovery

    Dimple Creation Surgery Procedure in GurgaonDimple creation surgery is an outpatient procedure, 30-minute procedure.

    • Bruising and swelling is normal during the first couple of days after the surgery. You may be prescribed some antibiotics in this duration.
    • You can resume your daily routine including walks from the next day, though facial movement may feel restricted for a few days. The dimple is static and appears even without expressions for the first few weeks It may take up to a couple of weeks for the dimples to look natural, the actual recovery period may vary on a case-to-case basis.

    Meet Dr Priya Bansal, a board-certified female plastic surgeon, to learn more about the procedure and its benefits. With years of experience behind her, Dr Bansal believes in high-level surgical care and meeting the patient’s needs.

    Knowledge Centre

    For Patient Education

    Blogs

    Videos