What is Gynecomastia?
Breast development among males can be both awkward and embarrassing, though it is a common condition faced by men the world over. This may lead to them avoiding beaches and pools as well as wearing tight-fitted t-shirts.
This condition is known as Gynecomastia, and Gynecomastia surgery is a cosmetic procedure to address this issue by removing the excess fat and breast gland. A safe procedure, it leaves minimal scarring on the body.
Who Can opt for Gynecomastia Procedure?
If you are a male struggling with breast development, which makes you uncomfortable in social situations, then you should opt for gynecomastia. What it does for you –
- Remove excess tissue from the breast area as well as the breast gland.
- Improve self-esteem and boost self-confidence.
- Give your body a more athletic and appealing contour.
- Give you a flat and toned chest without any visible scarring.
It is important to understand that this procedure will not give you a new body structure or prevent any future fat collection in the chest area. It will also not create perfectly toned pectorals for you.
Gynecomastia – The Procedure
Once you have consulted a gold medalist surgeon (they are authorized practitioners of this procedure and offer the best in terms of techniques and infrastructure, which helps avoid any surgical complications), they will understand your requirement and assess your medical history to chart out the complete plan of action.
Use of local or general anaesthesia during the procedure may depend on case-to-case basis. The actual technique may differ depending upon the grade or type of gynecomastia. Incision is made on the lateral chest wall, through which cannula is inserted. Liposuction surgery is performed to get rid of the excess fat using Power assisted liposuction equipment, MicroAire.
The gland is removed through this incision. Ultrasound-Assisted Liposuction is then done using Vaser, to tighten the skin.
At RG Aesthetics, we use a special technique, in which the incision is made at the lateral chest wall, so the scar is well hidden. Skin excision may or may not be required once the fatty tissue is removed. In some cases, RF enhanced contouring may be done to tighten the skin after liposuction. Dr Bansal uses Arvati/BodyTite, both of which are advanced RF technologies, for this purpose.
Schedule a Consultation
Gynecomastia is an outpatient procedure and complete recovery may take up to 4-6 weeks.
- You may experience temporary bruising and swelling for the first couple of days.
- Daily routine may be resumed from the next day while desk jobs may be resumed 3 days post-op. However, sudden movements should be avoided for at least 2 weeks, while physical workout should be resumed after 6 to 8 weeks, only after getting the go-ahead from the surgeon.
- Compression garment must be used for at least 4 weeks to maintain the surgical outcome.
Please follow all precautions advised by the surgeon for complete, safe, and speedy recovery. Meet Dr Priya Bansal, a gold medalist female plastic surgeon, to learn more about the procedure and its benefits. With years of experience behind her, Dr Bansal believes in high level surgical care and meeting the patient’s needs.