Being a mother is the most beautiful stage of a woman’s life; however, it can severely strain a woman’s body. Your breasts and body suffer from certain inevitable, undesirable aesthetic variations. With advances in surgical technology and the growing popularity of cosmetic surgery, several women have now realised their dream of getting their post-pregnancy bodies back. As a mother, you dedicate much of your time to your baby’s desires and needs, and in the chaos of everyday life, your desires may fade away.
It is not selfish to start caring for yourself and want to appear and feel young and beautiful. Increased self-confidence can improve your quality of life and the quality of your bond with dear ones.
What is Mommy Makeover?
Mommy Makeover is a procedure done to restore the pre-pregnancy body of the woman. After childbirth(s) women notice a lot of changes in their body’s shape and appearance, especially in breasts, abdomen, genitalia and buttocks. Mommy makeover takes cares of all these body parts and can be performed as a single stage procedure or separately as desired by the patients or as recommended by the cosmetic surgeon.
Women seeking to have a makeover can have an open conversation with Dr. Priya Bansal, a board-certified female plastic surgeon in Delhi at RG Aesthetics. By openly exploring your views of the perfect shape, Dr. Priya Bansal can discuss various types of procedures and share her artistic vision based on your aesthetic goals.
Mommy Makeover - The Ultimate Before After Transformation
Mothers interested in a mommy makeover can talk freely with Dr Priya Bansal, a board-certified female plastic surgeon. She discusses various procedures and shares her artistic vision based on your aesthetic goals by boldly exploring your viewpoints of the perfect shape. Check her unbelievable before after mommy makeover transformations to get a better understanding.
Breast augmentation or mammoplasty
During pregnancy, the breast size can increase by a full cup size or more during pregnancy. Furthermore, the breast experiences a yo-yo impact while breastfeeding, growing in size when the milk comes in and then reducing after the baby feeds. This causes the breasts to lose elasticity and volume, eventually causing them to droop and, in some situations, lose volume. Breast augmentation surgery with implants or fat grafting can restore fullness and volume.
Breast augmentation is performed for the following reasons:
- Enhance the breast size
- Restore the breast’s pre-pregnancy contour
- The procedure restores breast volume that has been lost through pregnancy, weight loss, or natural ageing
- To adjust any asymmetry in the shape or size of the breasts
- Enhance a woman’s self-image and self-confidence
A breast lift is performed to uplift and reposition the breast tissue to make them appear perkier but doesn’t add more volume to the breasts. The areola and nipples can also be reoriented for a more aesthetically pleasing look.
A breast lift is performed for the following reasons:
- Give a rejuvenating lift to your saggy breasts caused by pregnancy/breastfeeding/weightloss/ageing
- Improve the breast projection for youthful breast
Pregnancy and breastfeeding can cause an increase in the size of the breast, causing neck and shoulder pain. The breast reduction procedure removes excess breast tissue and glands before rearranging the remaining tissues for achieving a beautiful conical shape.
Common reasons to get a breast reduction:
- Reduce the breast size that has increased as a result of pregnancy and lactation
- Make your breast appear more youthful
- Improve the breast-body balance
- Relieve the pain and discomfort caused by heavy breasts
- Boost your confidence levels to make you feel more empowered
Your pregnancy weight gain can anywhere be between 10 and 25 Kg. It’s usually stored as fatty tissue deposits in your breasts, tummy, hips, love handles, buttocks, thighs (banana rolls) and lower back as bra bulges. The redistribution of weight post-childbirth can make you lose your shape, potentially affecting how you see yourself.
A mommy makeover procedure is ideal for moms who need help losing the pregnancy weight gain. The excess fat is suctioned out through liposuction methods to give you enhanced contours and a more proportionate body.
Here’s how liposuction can help you lose pregnancy fat gain.
- Lose excessive fat pockets in various body parts that refuse to go away with diet and exercise
- Get a fitter look with desired body contour
- Achieve the coveted status of a mom with an hourglass figure
- Achieve a balanced redistribution of fat through fat grafting procedures where excess fat from one area of your body is grafted to your breast/buttocks to enhance them
As the baby develops in your womb, your abdominal muscles and skin stretch to accommodate the fetus.
The muscles and skin in your tummy usually remain saggy post-childbirth. An abdominoplasty or tummy tuck procedure helps remove the exces s fat by liposuction and restore elasticity by tightening the skin to give your abdomen a flatter and well-toned look.
Benefits of getting a tummy tuck include
- Excess abdominal fat removal
- Excess skin removal and tightening for a flat look
- Creating a firm abdomen contour to restore the pregnancy weakened muscles
- Realising the dream of sporting a flat and toned tummy
During pregnancy and after childbirth, your fluctuating weight can cause the buttock skin and muscle to lose elasticity leading to saggy buttocks. This can be restored with a Brazilian butt lift procedure. Depending on your expectation, your surgeon may opt for buttock implants, autologous fat transfer, or both.
Here are the benefits of a buttock augmentation procedure
- Increase the buttock size, shape, projection and contour
- Make your buttocks proportionate to your body, achieving an aesthetic balance
- Rejuvenate and uplift saggy buttocks
During childbirth, your vaginal muscles stretch to make way for the baby, and as a result, your vagina can lose its shape and elasticity. This can affect your quality of life in many ways, including loss of self-esteem, reduced sexual pleasure and pain during exercise or intercourse.
A vaginal rejuvenation procedure can reshape the vulva or labia for enhanced aesthetic appeal and tighten the vaginal wall.
Benefits of Vaginal Rejuvenation
- Tightening of vaginal walls and openings through a vaginoplasty.
- Improve your vagina’s firmness, structure and elasticity for enhanced friction and pleasure during intercourse.
- Give your labia minora, labia majora, clitoral hood, and perineum an aesthetic makeover through the labiaplasty procedure.
When is it Reasonable to Consider Mommy Makeover Treatment?
Dr Priya Bansal advises waiting at least six months after childbirth before undergoing the mommy makeover surgery as this will assist your body to recover and return to a normal state after delivery.
Breast duct enlargement and increased blood vessel activity increase bleeding and infection risk during nursing. As a result, it is recommended to wait at least three months after discontinuing breastfeeding before considering any breast surgery. This period allows the breasts to return to their normal size and shape.
It is also advised that overweight women lose some weight through exercise and diet before considering mommy makeover procedures to obtain quality results and contours, an uplifted body, and enhanced youthfulness.
Does the surgery affect future pregnancies or vice versa?
It is advisable to wait if you want to have more children. During pregnancy, you will require support from your abdominal vertical muscles. They are tightened during a tummy tuck and can re-separate during pregnancy. Subsequent pregnancies may also alter the effects of the surgery. Dr Priya Bansal advises patients to consider tummy tuck and breast reduction surgery after completing their family. Also, a patient who loses significant amounts of weight may lose some of the results of fat grafting breast and buttock augmentation.
Who are the Viable Mommy Makeover Surgery Candidates?
- Women who wish to regain the youthfulness of their breasts, buttocks, and vagina that they lost due to childbirth(s) and breastfeeding
- Women who have lost the elasticity in their abdominal skin and have tummies that resemble deflated balloons and wish to have a flatter stomach
- Those who have reached their ideal weight and want to improve their body contours
- Those who would like to reinstate, enhance, or lessen their breast size after having a baby or breastfeeding
- Those who want to rejuvenate their vagina after vaginal childbirth to have a better sexual experience
- Women who want to regain the self-confidence they may have lost due to the loss of volume in their breasts
Schedule a Consultation
Recovering from a Mommy Makeover Surgery
The total number of procedures and whether they are performed as a single surgery determine the length of recovery after a mommy makeover treatment, which differs from one patient to the next. Women who undergo a full mommy makeover may require a minimum of four weeks of rest. Moderate soreness and inflammation may occur, but this will subside within a few weeks. It is advised to avoid rigorous exercise for at least 6 weeks, or as advised by the surgeon. Two months after surgery, when the inflammation and swelling have subsided significantly, one may be able to enjoy the outcomes of the mommy makeover procedures.
A Mommy Makeover is the ideal surgery that allows a woman to regain her pre-pregnancy physique.
You should delay any procedure for at least 6 months following delivery, and this will assist the women’s bodies in returning to normal and recovering.
It’s good to wait if you want to have additional children. The abdominal muscles are tightened during a belly tuck, but they might re-separate during pregnancy. Subsequent pregnancies may also undo the effects of the procedure.
The length of recovery following a mommy makeover treatment is determined by the procedures performed and the number of procedures performed as a single surgery. It also differs from one patient to the next. Women who get a complete mommy makeover may require at least two weeks of rest.
Are there scars involved in Mommy Makeover?
Scars are a part of every surgery. Surgeries like liposuction may result in smallcuts that heal without any noticeable scar. Whereas, a tummy tuck surgery leaves a big scar but is easily concealed beneath the underwear of bikini bottoms.
However using advanced techniques and state-of-the-art equipments, Dr. Priya Bansal ensures that the scars are well hidden and as inconspicuous as possible. The scars gradually fade away in few months or years. She also recommends non-surgical laser treatments that help in fading the scars as well.
What precautions should be taken before and after the procedure?
The Mommy Makeover is a tailor-made process customised according to the person’s body type and unique needs. It’s the most effective way to get your post-pregnancy body back into shape. The first step in undergoing this procedure is to schedule an in-person consultation with a board-certified plastic surgeon in your area.
Getting a makeover for Mommy is a life-changing choice to make! It will substantially increase your self-esteem. However, knowing a few things ahead of time will help you prepare for your Mommy Makeover Surgery.
- Please rest as much as possible during your recovery. Healing can take up to two weeks, depending on the procedure. However, after 24 hours, you can begin the healing process at home.
- You will be sore, bruised, and swelled up during the recovery period, lasting up to six months. While some rewards are instant, you can enjoy the full extent of the benefits after the swelling subsides.
- After your mommy makeover, you will be exhausted and tender. Don’t be afraid to ask for help around the house. Do not drive until the pain-relieving medication has been discontinued.
- Strenuous exercise, heavy lifting, and going to the gym are specifically prohibited for at least six weeks following your mommy makeover, including carrying babies over ten pounds.
Note: Above all, it is advisable to maintain a healthy lifestyle.
Also, mommy makeover treatments are only for non-smokers! Tobacco slows healing because it reduces circulation and increases the risk of complications. It is preferable to quit smoking entirely or quit at least six weeks before surgery and avoid smoking for the next six weeks.
About Dr Priya Bansal
Dr Priya Bansal, a mother herself and a leading plastic surgeon in Delhi, can understand your pain points, insecurities and expectations regarding a mommy makeover procedure. Being a female plastic surgeon, she can offer the doctor-patient comfort level you need to be completely transparent.
If you consider a mommy makeover procedure in India, Dr Priya Bansal is a leading plastic surgeon in India who can deliver you the best results with minimum downtime. Book a consultation with her to know more.